Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Reflection 02/14/17

This week I was a bit confused about MLA and how to use it .  
I learned about how to set it up last year but not its purpose.  Today I learned that it is best for citing sources and advanced level writing. I always forget citing is a thing so I need to get in the habit of using MLA format.

http://ringling.libguides.com/c.php?g=501069&p=3431215

 I also researched tips to create a good elevator pitch. There are a few steps I need to remember: Identify your goal. Explain what you do. Communicate your unique selling proposition (USP). Engage with a question. Put it all together. Practice. These will be really helpful when it comes time to record my pitch later today (hopefully). (Full pitch tips are here)


I still need to find my experts to interview. I'm most worried about that. Its going to be difficult to find them and the time to sit and talk with them. I'm really hoping I can do it via email. I also need to get to the library soon, as long as the books i reserved are still there.


My goal for this week is to focus the goal of my product more. I feel discouraged about it seeing as everyone else is doing insanely powerful topics like cultural assimilation and mental health.. But i'll just try to focus on what i want to achieve and make mine as powerful as possible.


Don't let me forget to do the dystopian creative piece due Friday! I've really been enjoying 1984.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:BigBrother.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment